News - Job Vacancies
Accounts Payable Officer - Applications Closed
13 February 2017
Accounts Payable Officer
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 300 people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies. We are focused on our culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ people to join our team.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and diligent Accounts Payable Officer. This important role is a permanent part-time position, reporting to the Finance Manager, with a focus on delivery of high quality support to the finance function. Hours are relatively flexible and will be negotiated for the right candidate.
Tasks and responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing the day to day invoice processing function.
- Reconciliation of month-end supplier statements.
- Accurate and timely invoice data entry.
- Maintain open and strong communication channels with our valued suppliers and contractors regarding their respective accounts.
- Process payment of accounts
- Provide frontline support for accurate cost allocation.
- Providing administrative support.
- Experience with accounts payable processes and systems
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional presentation.
- Pleasant personality relating well to, and working effectively with people of various backgrounds.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Exposure to Sage Accpac or MEX would be advantageous.
Applications Close 24th February 2017.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.
Position Description available upon request.