News - Job Vacancies
Dispatch Administrator - Applications Closed
9 March 2016
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forest products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 330 people, we are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join our team.
We are offering an opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and self motivated person to join the AKD Dispatch and Logistics team. The position is responsible for the planning and administrative functions within the Dispatch Department.
The Dispatch Administrator will be responsible for tasks including:
- Dispatching and receipting loads of timber and residues
- Coordinating daily loading plans and schedules
- Communicating with contractors and customers
- Data entry and invoice checking
This role should be viewed as a long term career opportunity which will not be limited to the tasks above. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate, with potential to take on extra responsibilities within the department and the rest of the business as the candidates skills develop.
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will have:
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Well established organisation, planning and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- A willingness to undertake further training
- A strong attitude towards safety
- Completed year 12 as a minimum education requirement
- Experience in the transport & logistics industry (preferred but not required)
Attractive remuneration based on skills, experiences and attributes.
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘DIS0316’ to the below address.
Applications Close 18th March 2016.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.