News - Job Vacancies
Fibre Supply Manager
17 September 2018
Fibre Supply Manager
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. With the business currently undergoing exciting growth and with recent acquisitions; AKD Softwoods is now a national business employing over 1000+ people and is recognised for being growth orientated progressive company deploying the latest technologies.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute, self-motivated person to join our business in the newly created strategic role.
In this role you will be responsible for all of AKD’s fibre supply procurement, ensuring that sufficient supply is secured of the appropriate quality, on both a short and long-term basis for our sawmill and post and pole sites. This will include managing existing wood supply agreements and negotiating new supply arrangements for the national business, as well as ensuring AKD has positive relationships with key suppliers.
The Log Supply Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing key supply relationships
- Take a long term strategic view
- Participate in the annual strategic planning process
- Explore opportunities to expand the resource base through a variety of models
In order to be considered for this role:
- Have a sound knowledge of Forestry Supply Chain processes
- Absolute commitment to Health & Safety
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and relationship management skills
- Prepared to travel nationally on a regular basis
- Tertiary qualifications preferred
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘LP0918’ to the below addresses.
Applications Close 26th September 2018. Immediate start available.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.