News - Job Vacancies
17 September 2018
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. With the business currently undergoing exciting growth and with recent acquisitions; AKD Softwoods is now a national business employing over 1000+ people and is recognised for being growth orientated progressive company deploying the latest technologies.
We seek a tertiary qualified forestry professional with a broad background, which has prepared them to successfully take on and manage the diverse technical and commercial responsibilities of this role.
As a key member of the Executive Team, this fulltime position will contribute to the organisation’s strategic vision and business objectives; leading a small but very capable team, managing a 9500-hectare estate which is constantly expanding.
The Forestry Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage all silvicultural and harvesting operational activities
- Manage budgets and operational expenditure effectively
- Strategic planning involvement
- Drive and support initiatives to create a highly engaged, high performing culture
- Manage specific compliance and contractual requirements
- Actively pursue opportunities to procure existing plantations and greenfield sites to expand the estate
In order to be considered for this role:
- Absolute commitment to Health & Safety
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Relevant proven performance
Colac is a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region – which is part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, just 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, less than 1 hour to Geelong and less than 2 hours to Melbourne.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘FM0918’ to the below addresses.
Applications Close 26th September 2018. Immediate start available.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.