News - Job Vacancies
Health and Safety Coordinator - Applications Closed
13 July 2016
Health and Safety Coordinator
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forest products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is internationally recognised for being an innovative company, employing the latest technologies across its multiple production facilities. With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 330 people, we are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join our team.
The organisation is currently looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to support and assist the overall business goal of achieving a zero harm workplace.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to support and assist in the daily Health & Safety procedures and practices across the organisation.
This is a fulltime position based out of our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region– part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, and 1 hour to Geelong.
Role and responsibilities will include:
- Administering, maintaining and monitoring the Health & Safety Management System
- Providing assistance and being actively involved in Hazard Management processes
- Incident investigation involvement and follow up
- Induction support and assistance
- Coordinating and assisting with Site Safety inspections and audits
- Monitoring daily compliance with workplace policies and procedures
- Assisting in Injury Management requirements
The 'right' person:
The 'right' person will be technically strong, with an attention to detail, strong communication and presentation skills and the credibility to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
With a qualification (Cert IV minimum) in OHS/WHS, this role will suit a proactive, energetic and methodical Health and Safety Professional looking for an exciting challenge.
To be considered for this role, you shall posses the following:
- Understanding of OHS legislation and regulations
- Experience in industry (preferably manufacturing)
- Sound computer skills, including MS office
- Experience in Injury Management (desirable)
- Display the organisations values (Honest, Engaged, Accountable, Respectful, Team Orientated)
Remuneration commensurate on skills, experiences and fit to the organisational culture. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘H&S0716’ to the below details.
Applications Close 28th July 2016.
Note: Pre-employment testing may be required.