News - Job Vacancies
21 January 2018
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400+ people, AKD Softwoods is recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
Due to exciting growth and change AKD Softwoods has a number of fulltime opportunities throughout our Colac and Irrewarra operations for Machine/Process Operators.
These roles are vast and varied and work as part of a team. The successful applicants will follow efficient and effective work practices, meet production targets, whilst ensuring all aspects of Quality and Health & Safety are followed.
Both day & afternoon shifts are available, with the shifts being 9.5hr shifts working 4 days a week between Monday & Friday.
Key Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Machine Operation
- Ensuring all quality specifications are met
- Reporting equipment faults
- Manual handling
- Wrapping and strapping of timber packs
The successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Reliability and flexibility
- Ability to use initiative
- Be motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
- Strong communication skills
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Commitment to Workplace Health & Safety
- Commitment to long term employment
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘PM0118’ to the below addresses.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.