News - Job Vacancies
17 September 2018
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. With the business currently undergoing exciting growth and with recent acquisitions; AKD Softwoods is now a national business employing over 1000+ people and is recognised for being a growth orientated progressive company, deploying the latest technologies.
We are seeking someone with a strong technical ability and manufacturing experience to join our team. As a key leader in the organisation you will lead the production unit to maximise operational potential; both long and short term.
You will take responsibility for the existing team which form a great platform to build and lead, enhance operational efficiency, brand reputation and maximise sustainable financial results.
This is a permanent fulltime position based at our Colac site.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Manage the operational activities in pursuit of business objectives and targets
- Focus on strategy while monitoring the day to day performance measures
- Monitor staffing levels, workflow responsibilities and hours to ensure effectiveness and value of time and labour costs
- Analyse operational activity; identifying opportunities for increased volume, recovery and value
- Actively engage with maintenance, electrical and all other support functions to enhance overall business performance
In order to be considered for this role:
- Absolute commitment to Health & Safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Tertiary qualification preferred (other key qualifications or experiences may be considered)
Colac is a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region– which is part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, just 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, less than 1 hour to Geelong and less than 2 hours to Melbourne.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘OM0918’ to the below addresses.
Applications Close 26th September 2018. Immediate start available.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.