News - Job Vacancies
Production Supervisor x 2 - Colac Site - Application Closed
29 August 2017
Production Supervisor x 2
- Colac Site
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and
manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400 people, AKD Softwoods is
well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for energetic and self-motivated people to lead several
of our production areas covering the Sawmill, Kilns and Drymill. This is a great opportunity with major operational upgrades and investment currently underway across the Colac Site.
The positions require a suitably qualified, experienced and ambitious Supervisor/Manager who is
committed to our people, their safety and continuous improvement of our product and processes.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will lead daily activities with a ‘hands on’
approach coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance,
equipment utilisation and quality. Reporting to the Area Manager, the position holds great career and development opportunities.
These positions will require the successful applicant to Lead teams of varying sizes up to 30 people, it is preferred the applicants have previously worked in a leadership position and hold a tertiary qualification in Commerce, Engineering or hold relevant practical experience in Industry.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring, Supervising and Leading employees
• Employee training, development, recruitment and management
• Ensure production targets are met (quality and volume)
• Development and improvement or processes and procedures
• Lead Health and Safety improvement initiatives
Experience & requirements:
• Absolute commitment to Health & Safety
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literate
• Strong organisational skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
• Ability to lead and motivate others
• Tertiary qualification preferred (other key qualifications or experiences may be
These are permanent full-time positions with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy
and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using
reference code ‘SUP0917’ to the below addresses:
Applications Close Friday 8th September 2017
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.