News - Job Vacancies
Quality Control Officer - Applications Closed
3 February 2016
Quality Control Officer
Colac Dry Mill Day Shift
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forest products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is internationally recognised for being an innovative company, employing the latest technologies. With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 330 people, we are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join our team.
This position has a dual focus with the primary function of the role being Quality Control Officer.
The role of Quality Control Officer is to ensure all requirements relating to compliance and quality are met. This role will also involve training and rotating of employees in the grading, testing and quality area.
The secondary function of the role is 2IC (2nd in charge to supervisor) and involves performing supervisory duties in conjunction with the dry mill supervisor and acts as supervisor in their absence.
Based out of our main site in Colac, the officer must have a strong commitment to safety and a focus and passion for continuous improvement.
Key duties & responsibilities:
As Quality Control Officer:
- Ensure strict adherence to AKD’s timber testing and sampling regime
- Procedure development and continuous improvement
- Compliance with Australian Standards
As 2IC, the employee will need to work in conjunction with the supervisor to:
- Ensure employees strictly adhere to AKD’s safety standards and policies
- Supervise a team of approximately 35 production staff
- Ensure production targets are met
Abilities and skills required:
- Strong mathematical, problem solving, communication and time management skills.
- Able to understand and implement high-level technical information
- Able to work methodically and strictly adhere to a procedure
- Able to prioritise work demands
- Able to work individually or as part of a team to improve processes
- Able to lead a team
- Able to research, develop and implement policies and procedures
Attractive remuneration based on skills, experiences and attributes. Position description available from akd.com.au or by request.
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code 'QCO0216' to the below address.
Applications Close 19th February 2016
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.